Stone brick is just what it says. It is stone cut in the shape of bricks. Sometimes these bricks are cut much larger than the standard bricks one is used to seeing and sometimes they are the same. Having Security Stone Brick in the construction of one’s home is an excellent safety feature. This type of stone brick is not the same as cast stone which is manufactured to resemble it.
1. Choosing the correct stone for one’s project is, of course, primary. Also, it is essential that a sufficient amount be purchased at the same time. There would be nothing worse than almost finishing a project and then discovering that one was a few bricks short and they could not be matched.
2. Deciding on the correct color is paramount. It must be remembered that this brick is going to be around for many, many years. The color will depend on the stone selected and it can be limestone, brownstone, bluestone, granite, slate or one of the many other natural building stones available.
3. If one is going to embed a security feature, or features, it needs to be selected before the project ever begins. Motion porch lights are always a great feature as they prevent accidents from happening when someone comes to the door at night. Motion lights on other parts of the building would also be very effective and reveal the presence of any unknown person or persons.
4. Some people like to place a security camera in the stone. When it is the same color it blends in very well and whatever part of the property it is focused on will show on an inside monitor. Many people are using this method of protection, especially if they are in a country setting.
5. Security Stone Brick is just what the name implies. A wall made of this brick is impenetrable and all one needs for additional safety are the added security features. These features will give the owner peace of mind knowing that the appearance of any intruder can be quickly be determined and appropriate action can be taken.